Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale



First off, I'd like to wish a Happy New Year to everyone. Hope that 2011 brings good health, good times and good beers! Secondly, I figured I should probably review the first beer that geared me towards seeing beer, crafts, imports. . . as something unbelievable. I bring you Kilkenny's Irish Cream Ale. It is currently only available in 440ml cans for $3.29.

I first had this beer when I turned 18 at the Peel Pub in Montreal. A friend of mine had recommended I try it and I immediately fell in love with this one. It pours with a very high carbonation (Nitro caaaaaaaaaan!) which is always a novelty in it's own. Once the beer settles, it's with a deep amber with an unbelievable head that seems to last forever. Unfortunately, the aroma lacks depth. You can smell the cream, but not much else. When it comes to the taste, it is so smooth. Soooo smooth. At a mere %4.3 ABV, it is incredibly easy drinking with a little bit of caramel taste on the start. Finishes dry, but it is so creamy and smooth. It's a really nice beer that can easily be enjoyed on it's own. For people looking to start appreciating and trying different beers, this is a great place to start at a reasonable price. Give it a shot, I dare you.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment